Sunday, December 10, 2006

12/10/06 - 18 days old

I havent had time to update this blog in a few days - we've been crazy busy and ive just been too tired. I havent even uploaded new pics since Wednesday night!

Yesterday I had a wonderful visit with the twins!! Tim stayed home with Mikayla and Harley and I went up to see the babes. At their 5 pm feeding i attempted to give my sweet son a bottle - the little turkey drank like 6cc's and said forgetaboutit! He would much rather cuddle with mama ;) So he got the rest through his feeding tube and I kangaroo'ed him for an hour. It was wonderful :)

After the 6:30-7:30pm shift change i went back in and got to give Evie her little soap/sponge bath. I also got to weigh her! :) She is 3 lbs 10 oz!!!! Then for the 8pm feeding I gave her a bottle. She drank the whole thing in 20 minutes!! :) Afterwards she and I kangaroo'ed for an hour. It was wonderful as well :)

While i was holding Evie, the nurse gave Jackson his sponge bath and weighed him - my boy is 3 lbs 11 oz!! These babes are growing so well :)

The day nurse on Friday told me that oince they hit 4 lbs they will both be moved to an open crib (the double crib where they can co-bed if its available!!). She told me to bring in some clothes for the babies to wear once they are moved because the clothing helps them keep their temperature. The clothes have to cover their arms/legs/bodies and snap up the front for easy access to monitors. I found a few convertible gown/footless sleepers in preemie size at Walmart and got what i could - they only had 2 in each gender tho. But both babes do have a few outfits. I am gonna wash up their baby gowns to take as well so they dont run out of clothes. I also took up several blankets for each baby because the hospital blankets arent as soft as ours.

Anyway... thats about it for today's update! Im going to see my little turkeys in a few hours and may update again later tonight if im not too tired.

No comments: