Monday, January 22, 2007

Evie & Jackson are 2 months old!

Well my little ones are officially 2 months old today! They had their 2 month checkup and they have both doubled their birth weights!!!!

They are now :

Evie - 7 lbs 4 oz
Jackson - 7 lbs 8 oz

I cant believe it, they are both the size of a regular ole full term baby!

Good news is they are both doing very well developmentally. Grasping for toys and drawing them to their mouths, smiling, staring at their hands (so cute!), making ahh noises at us, lifting & turning their heads while on their tummy.

Of course, as it seems, we cannot have an appt without some drama... they have both been having dark black tarry stools. The dr was concerned and took a sample and tested it. Evie's results werent blue like the dr wanted, so we are collecting stool samples for both babies and the lab will test it. Im going to assume all is fine, but of course it worries me. Dh and I had just assumed it was the iron fortified formula.

They had their 2nd RSV shots today. My poor babies - neither of them really cry, just let out a few little "squals" and then stop. But when they got the shot they cried for about 30 seconds each. It was heart *breaking*. We've been giving them infant tylenol for the obvious discomfort and it seems to be helping. Hopefully they will be feeling better tommorrow.

Well, thats about it! I cant believe my sweet babies are 2 months old already! I would be 39 weeks pregnant today if they had not been premature. I know next Monday, the 29th (my due date) will be very bitter sweet.

No comments: