Thursday, November 30, 2006

11/30/06 1 week, 1 day old

Today's visit went well. Harley was having allergy issues so Tim stayed with her in the nicu family room while i visited with the babies.

Evie : Last night's weight had her gaining a whole ounce YAY!! 3 lbs 1 3/4 oz. Still at 26 cc's every 3 hours, with human milk fortifier. Pooping well still. I actually got to change a poopy diaper this morning, and she had that good healthy breastfed baby poop :) Who'd a thought id be so happy over poop lol Evie's BIG news today.... she is OFF THE CANNULA!!!!! And even better, her pulsox has been at 100 throughout the day according to her day nurse!! I didnt get to kangaroo Evie today because they wanted to be sure she would be stable without the cannula, but defintley will get to tommorrow :) Today I settled for holding her for about 30 minutes (nurse let us have a little extra time!) and holding her while she got her feeding. Something absolutley cool... when i first got there Evie was wide awake and alert. She looked like a regular ole baby laying there, eyes wide open and moving her arms and legs in a normal baby way (not fussy or jerking movement). She looked so beautiful and so good :)

Jackson : Also gained weight - his biggest gain!! 3 lbs 3 1/2 oz! Almost a 2 ounce gain in 24 hours!! He is doing so well with his feedings, hasnt had any residual at all the past few feedings today and earlier it was very minimal. I did get to kangaroo hold Jackson and it was wonderful! :) He snuggled against my chest and had one arm stretched out and kept moving his little fingers against my skin. He felt so wonderful to hold so closely. I couldnt help but cry a little. I was talking to him and he "talked" back. He has this sound he makes, its not a whiney or fussy or agitated sound..more like an "i hear you" type sound. Like a happy sigh. He seemed so cozy and I sure was. I hated for it to end. I admit, im feeling kind of sad the past few days, really missing my babies. I know how lucky we are they are so healthy and in a place where they are getting the best care, but that doesnt make me miss them any less.

Heres a few pictures from today.

Evie, cannula-free!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Jackson looking oh-so-precious :) His feeding tube was retaped above his mouth, he has a little mustache lol
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: